Monday, June 6, 2011

DAY 7: SATURDAY - MAY 28, 2011

Ahhh… Saturday so soon.  Just when I thought it could not get any better, we went to the Great wall.  During the drive there I actually got to see some small homes.  Up to that point I only saw towering twenty story apartment buildings that are all over Beijing and so many more being built.  I must admit I knew the walk up would be a great challenge when just walking up the hill to get to the Great Wall had me working.  So I opted for the cable car ride up to the Great Wall.  It was a splendid view.  The Great Wall is an awesome creation.  Well I must say our instructor and host did not let me escape climbing the Great Wall before I knew where I was going they had me trekking the Great Wall to a slide that we could ride down the hill.  I walked and walked and walked until we finally got there.  I was a little upset because I was already exhausted from the packed agenda we experienced all week long.  Though, I must say the experience was like a woman giving birth to a child that after the pain the joy came.  Riding the slide down the hill from the Great Wall to the bottom was so much fun I would have did it again just to ride the slide down one more time.  AWESOME! 
From there we went to lunch at JOVI a Japanese hibachi restaurant where Vivien’s brother worked.  It was the icing on the cake.  The food was too good.  We ate and ate.  There was nothing that I tried that did not taste good.  Great food and Great company.  I loved it!   We then went shopping for the rest of the night.  Pearl Market and Sanlitun shopping areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment